The North Alabama Kayak Anglers are hosting their “River Stop” fishing tournament this weekend. Anglers can fish any small flowing body of water in North Alabama. Creek and small rivers are the targeted eligible body of water for this event. For a boundary map and rules for this event, check out the NAKA Facebook Event page for this event. Oh, it is also a qualifier event for the River Bassin’ Tournament Trail.
North Alabama’s new Heroes on the Water chapter is already positively impacting the lives of service veterans and others. The upstart club is hosting another event on August 5th at the Town Creek Fishing Center near the Guntersville State Park. The last event saw near 40 people and dozens of kayaks from 8 or 9 different manufacturers. This is a great time to relax and try out other people’s boats while supporting a good cause. Details about the event can be found on the HOW NA Facebook page.
The annual Bayou La Batre Kayak Classic is on August 5. This is a big laid back family-friendly event and all around good time. Check out their website for pictures of past events and details about what is going on this year.
Here’s an outlook of other events happening with Alabama kayak fishing clubs in the coming weeks.
- July 22 – NAKA River Stop
- July 27 – CRKA I-759 (5pm)
- August – NAKABIGBASS, Demo Day, and NAKAFUNFISH
- August 5 – MBKFA Black Ops
- August 5 – Bayou La Batre Kayak Classic Fishing Tournament
- August 5 – Heroes on the Water North Alabama, Town Creek, Guntersville, AL
- August 12 – SKA Wheeler Lake
- August 12 – CKA Tallapoosa River, Wadley, AL
- August 17 – CRKA Canoe Creek County Ramp (5pm)
For a list of all kayak fishing events in Alabama, check out our kayak fishing events listings page.
Also, folks are starting to get excited for the October 21st Alabama Kayak Fishing Classic. Anyone and everyone is invited.